Saturday 16 January 2016

Heimtex 2016

For me, Heimtex in Frankfurt in early January is the sign that the year has truly started again, and I always love this fair.

Heimtex is huge and still probably the world's largest interior textile fair, as there's everything there from bedding, flooring, wallpaper, and of course lots and lots of textiles. I enjoy it because it's such a good meeting place, very stimulating, and is such a great place to meet many of my interesting and clever textile friends from all over the world.
I spent a lot of time in hall 5.1, the sun-protection/blind hall, and it was as busy as usual. It was also good to see a number of NHT's blind pulls on the huge Innov8 stand, and hope they had a great show.
Always the most exciting part of my visit to Heimtex is the Trend section, which this time they called 'Theme Park'. These are a few of my images along with some of their official press images ;
Their designers create a wonderful world of colour and texture, and always display their ideas with great innovation. Sadly I did not have time to listen to the lectures, which was my loss, as they are always thought provoking.

As usual, I came away from Heimtex with my head buzzing with ideas and new projects, and can't wait until next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment