Saturday 14 December 2013

Go to Glasgow

I've often been to the outskirts of Glasgow, but never gone into the City Centre before - what a mistake eh?

I found Glasgow more fun, vibrant and amazing than I ever imagined. Everyone was friendly and I enjoyed every minute. I loved St. Georges Square with it's traditional fairground :

Unfortunately I was too full from breakfast to eat anything in the fantastic Charles Rennie Mackintosh designed Willow Tearoom on Sauchiehall Street, but next time I will :
I ended up at the Kelvingrove Museum that's famous for it's Impressionist and Glasgow Boys collections amongst many other things.
 
I loved Lowry's seascape  as it is so different to his other busy matchstick-people paintings but uses the same base colours.
 
The Kelvingrove has great sculptures too :
 
My favourite was a dog made from wellington boots that didn't just capture how doggy a dog is, but did so in the style of one of those African naïve sculptures that influenced Picasso so much :

The Spitfire strafing visitors was pretty good too :




No comments:

Post a Comment