Thursday 15 August 2013

Eating and blind-making

There's nothing like visiting a few old New House customers in beautiful parts of England to work up an appetite.

On Wednesday I was at Beaver Blinds in Torpoint and ABC Blinds in Dorset. Both have used our fabrics for years and they are careful and impressive blind makers. Ones I'd whole-heartedly recommend.

Sitting in Beaver Blinds' office next to the water, it's not unusual to see some warship sail past. While just up the river, there's the famous Brunel Tamar bridge (sadly this is not my photo)...

ABC is in the lovely town of Bridport, and on the way home I happily stopped at River Cottage's famous Canteen & Deli in Axminster. 

 
I know it's a clichĂ©, but I couldn't stop myself taking a pic of one of the most beautiful plates of salad & humus I've ever seen...
Decorated with colourful petals and nasturtiums it was a joy to look at and wonderful to smell. I felt BAD like a destroyer-of-art, gobbling this plate down so quickly.

Today at New House's design meeting, we discussed our September Top Drawer stand and chatted freely about our many other up-and-coming projects. We also had a superb lunch of fresh flower salad, cookies and all the other good things I'd picked up from the River Cottage Deli that helped our discussion flow and sparkle... there's nothing like a plate of good food to get everyone talking!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment