Saturday 17 November 2012

up'north

I went on a fascinating visit to Yorkshire, Gateshead and Marske last week, and wish I'd taken loads more photos.

I stayed with an old friend in Knaresbourough visiting customers, and the trip was an eye-opener with York being amazing

 
Each Medieval street or gate is wonderfully enchanting, but amongst all the historical beauty I was pleased to see that even York found room for an ugly 60's building. In days gone by many a tratiors head was implained on the old gates of York. Could the same be done with the Town-planners & assorted jobsworths who've damaged many an English City on the ramparts of this building?
 
Marske, Redcar and Gateshead were fasininating too, and I loved the long beach, area round the park and Jewish area.
 
Back in York.... can I suggest a visit to Lottie Inch's gallery?
 
 

As well as cleverly displaying D. Hurst and others, she also shows New House's Charlotte Farmer prints and tea towels :

Lottie is someone to watch out for!

No comments:

Post a Comment